- Play Outbreak, a new, large-scale Zombies experience. Travel across snowy slopes, immense fields, and deserted buildings as you outwit and outgun zombie hordes.
- A long-forgotten ship. And a horrible secret bound to rattle even the most hardened soldier. Sink your teeth into the newest season of Warzone.
- Get two free weapons (FARA 83 Assault Rifle and LC10 SMG), along with a host of free and paid content in Season Two.
It’s shaping up to be a great year for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One as Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War introduces its content-rich Season Two, featuring four new maps, six free-to-acquire weapons, new Warzone points of interest, and best of all, the new Zombies experience, Outbreak.
Here’s some of the content to look forward to in Season Two, dropping on February 25:
New Multiplayer Maps
- Apocalypse (6v6, Launch Week): Descend into a Lao jungle cartel base in the heart of the Golden Triangle in Apocalypse, a small-to-medium sized map built for aggressive fighting in and around the temple fortress.
- Golova (Multi-Team, In Season): What appears to be a picturesque Russian village in the Ural Plains is really a testing ground for the expansion of the Numbers Program designed by Nikita Dragovich. Engage in heated combat throughout the sleepy town, from a massive church to its rows of houses and industrial park.
- Mansion (2v2, 3v3, In Season): Set in Havana, Cuba at the Hefe Mansion (last seen in the campaign’s “End of the Line” mission), this new Gunfight and Face Off map features sprawling courtyards around a central wrapped room with an exposed balcony that can serve as a risky power position.
- Miami Strike (6v6, In Season): Rise and shine, Miami… soon it will be time to infiltrate in broad daylight. As the sun glistens off colorful murals, the action will focus on a smaller daytime rendition of the original map. The heat is always on the streets of Miami.
New Multiplayer Modes
- Gun Game (Free-For-All, Launch Week): The fan-favorite party game mode is back! Progress through a set of 20 weapons, starting with a pistol and ending with a knife. Set enemies back by eliminating them with a melee attack or finishing move. The first player to kill an enemy with each weapon wins the match.
- Stockpile (6v6, Launch Week): Stockpile mixes Kill Confirmed and Hardpoint together for a fast-paced, slay-heavy objective game mode. Eliminate enemies, collect their dog tags, and drop them off at rotating deposit sites. Operators can carry and deposit multiple dog tags at a time for a massive boost in score and XP. But get taken out and your tags will scatter for others to take.
- Hardpoint (Multi-Team, In Season): Deploy across the largest maps in Black Ops Cold War in this squad-based mode that tasks 10 squads of four with capturing and defending three Hardpoint hills. The hills rotate every 120 seconds, and the first squad to reach 500 seconds of total objective time wins the match.
Six New Earnable Weapons
Season Two brings some serious firepower with the addition of six new weapons:
- FARA 83 (FREE at Tier 15) – This rapid-fire assault rifle is devastating in the hands of capable operators who can control its reliable accuracy and slower handling.
- LC10 (FREE at Tier 31) – A well-rounded full-auto SMG that competes into the mid-range due to its solid accuracy and extended effective damage range.
Unlock four more weapons — the R1 Shadowhunter, Machete, bolt-action ZRG 20mm sniper rifle, and the military tri-fold shovel E-Tool — by completing in-game challenges to earn the base weapon or by purchasing a bundle with the blueprint version when it appears in the Store.
New Zombies Experience: Outbreak
Interconnected with the Dark Aether storyline, Outbreak tasks players with objective based play across the largest Multiplayer maps in Black Ops Cold War.
Hunt down elite enemies using a satellite tracker, escort a rover that detects dimensional portals, or hold out against the zombies in confined Dark Aether regions — complete your objectives and get to the Exfil site. Will you escape via the chopper or take your chances in the Dark Aether portal for extra rewards?
New Field Upgrade: Frenzied Guard
Take the heat off your teammates with Frenzied Guard, a new field upgrade that on activation forces all undead creatures to attack the user for 10 seconds, during which time only armor will take damage.
Use Aetherium Crystals to upgrade Frenzied Guard with powerful modifiers, such as repairing all armor upon activation, increasing the ability’s duration to 15 seconds, and slowing normal enemies while active.
New Ammo Mod: Shatter Blast
Turn Heavy Zombies into mincemeat using the new Shatter Blast ammo mod, which makes all bullets deal explosive damage. Upgrade the skill to deal extra explosive damage to nearby enemies, knock down normal enemies, and to double the size of the blast.
Upgrade Your Skills to Tier IV and V
Two new Aetherium Crystal types — refined and flawless — can now be earned and used to upgrade your skills into tier IV and V. Chase high rounds in traditional Zombies or complete multiple Outbreak experiments in a single run to get a chance at earning these new crystals.
New Game Modes, Points of Interest in Warzone
The new season brings a fresh loot pool to Warzone, including the new Season Two weapons and operators. Plus, play new game modes and explore two new points of interest in Verdansk.
In Exfiltration, players must locate a portable radio within Verdansk and hold onto it for a set period of time to win the game. The player holding the radio is marked on the Tac Map along with a timer indicating how much longer until they win. Gear up for a frenetic fight in Rebirth Island Resurgence Extreme, a limited-time mode supporting up to 90 players.
As for the new points of interest, initial intel suggests that a cargo tanker has gone off the radar, while murmurs around Verdansk indicate that something is happening below its surface. Explore these new areas at your own risk.
New Battle Pass, Prestige Levels, and More
Season Two brings all this and more with a fresh Battle Pass, four new playable operators — Naga, Maxis, Wolf, and Rivas — new prestige levels, the Death Machine Scorestreak, Outbreak vehicles, a new set of multiplayer and Zombies challenges, and more.
Haven’t yet joined the fight? Get Black Ops Cold War on the Xbox Store today, and prepare for Season Two on February 25.
Execute the mission.
Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – Cross-Gen Bundle
Activision Publishing Inc.
The Cross-Gen Bundle includes:
– Cross-Gen Bundle of Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War game
— Includes Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S version
– Confrontation Weapons Pack
The iconic Black Ops series is back with Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – the direct sequel to the original and fan-favorite Call of Duty®: Black Ops.
Black Ops Cold War will drop fans into the depths of the Cold War’s volatile geopolitical battle of the early 1980s. Nothing is ever as it seems in a gripping single-player Campaign, where players will come face-to-face with historical figures and hard truths, as they battle around the globe through iconic locales like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, Soviet KGB headquarters and more.
As elite operatives, you will follow the trail of a shadowy figure named Perseus who is on a mission to destabilize the global balance of power and change the course of history. Descend into the dark center of this global conspiracy alongside iconic characters Woods, Mason and Hudson and a new cast of operatives attempting to stop a plot decades in the making.
Beyond the Campaign, players will bring a Cold War arsenal of weapons and equipment into the next generation of Multiplayer and Zombies experiences.
Welcome to the brink. Welcome to Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War.
For more information, please visit www.callofduty.com.
© 2020 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY and CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.