Jailbreak PS4 9.00
Jailbreak PS4 9.00 has been released publicly. Trusted Developers (laureeeeeee, Specter and Znullptr) released a fully implemented exploit project for firmware 9.00. Developers described – We will find an implementation that tries to make use of a file system bug for PS4 system only for 9.00 firmware. They found this implementation while diffing the 9.00 and 9.03 kernels. Keep in mind you’ll need an exFAT formatted USB drive to complete this jailbreak process. You gonna need this at the right time.
If you already have updated your system software up to 9.00, then you are out of luck. This jailbreak process is only for 9.00 users. You must update your system firmware if you are on lower firmware such as 5.50,7.55 etc. Read & follow this article carefully because this exploit is unlike previous ones.
- Allow RWX (read-write-execute) memory mapping (mmap / mprotect)
- Syscall instruction allowed anywhere
- Dynamic Resolving (sys_dynlib_dlsym) allowed from any process
- Custom system call #11 (kexec()) to execute arbitrary code in kernel mode
- Allow unprivileged users to call setuid(0) successfully. Works as a status check, doubles as a privilege escalation.
- (sys_dynlib_load_prx) patch
- Disable delayed panics from sysVeri
Jailbreak PS4 9.00 Instructions
- Plug your USB drive on your PC or Laptop and format with exFAT.
- Extract all required files on your computer desktop or any specific folder.
- Update your system software up to 9.00 via USB (You can skip this step if you already have updated)
- Run Win32 Disk Imager – 1.0 as administrator.
- Select exfathax Disc Image file
- Select your USB drive (ex-X:\)
- Click on Write (It’s gonna ask you Writing to a physical device can corrupt the device, are you sure — Select YES)
- Once you got write sucessful message, do not open your USB drive and safely remove from your PC.
- Turn on your PS4 and connect with internet. (make sure you do not update your system software)
- Plug your USB drive on your PS4 system and open internet browser.
- Visit https://kameleonreloaded.github.io/900/ (Loading circle will stop spinning for few second)
- Insert your USB drive once you got message on your screen — Insert USB now. do not close the dialog until notification pops, remove usb after closing
- Once you insert your USB drive you gonna see a message on top corner — This USB storage devices file system in unsupported. This message means you are ready to click OK. (Now remove your USB drive)
- Now it’s time to inject goldhen into the PS4 system.
- Run NetCat GUI v1.1 on your PC.
- Put your PS4 IP address which you can find under Setting ⇨ Network ⇨ View Connection Status and port should be 9020
- Load your project and click on inject Payload. (You’ll see top corner message GoldHEN V2.0b loaded! Coded by SiSTRo)
- That’s it enjoy new jailbreak.