Playstation Universe Report that Days Gone Co-Director Says Deacon St. John Is ‘Reduced To A Cartoon Schill’ In Astro Bo

Latest PlayStation Games News
MedoSamer2
Site Admin

John Garvin, the co-director of Days Gone, has hit out at his former studio Sony Bend for allowing the game’s protagonist, Deacon St. John, to be featured in an Astro Bot ad, and criticised them for failing to protect their legacy. Garvin has been very outspoken in recent years following his exit from Sony Bend and the fact the PlayStation manufacturer did not green light a sequel to Days Gone. Back in December 2022, Garvin blamed the game’s review scores on ‘woke’ critics at launch bugs. However, his most recent posts on X have specifically targeted Astro Bot for using his character in promotional materials, describing Deacon as being ‘reduced to a cartoon schill.’ Kinda sad that Deek (Deacon St. John) has been reduced to promoting other games … well done Bend Studio! Way to protect your legacy! Haha, I see my character reduced to a cartoon schill promoting some small game and I’m being harsh? Sit down, my brotha, adults are talking. Related Content – Upcoming PS5 Games 2024: The Best PS5 Games Coming Soon Days Gone was released in April 2019 for the PS4 and revolves around a post-apocalyptic US that has been overrun with creatures known as Freakers, with players controlling Deacon, a motorbike lover, as he attempts to survive against harsh conditions brought on by the outbreak. Sony Bend has been working on a new IP since Days Gone shipped, although there still isn’t any concrete information about the game. [Source – John Garvin on X] The post Days Gone Co-Director Says Deacon St. John Is ‘Reduced To A Cartoon Schill’ In Astro Bot Ad appeared first on PlayStation Universe.

Source: https://www.psu.com/news/days-gone-co-d ... ro-bot-ad/